Title: 1001 Brilliant Writing Ideas: Teaching inspirational story-writing for all agesAuthor(s): Ron Shaw
Date: January 24, 2008
Size: 1.80 Mb
Format: PDF in rar
Language: British English
How often do you hear your pupils cry 'what can I write about?' 1001 Brilliant Writing Ideas offers teachers endless ideas and inventive suggestions, opening up new opportunities for creative writing lessons. With over 1000 different ‘story-starters’ across a vast range of genres and narrative styles, this versatile book provides food for thought for pupils of a wide range of ages and abilities.
This highly practical and richly illustrated photocopiable resource
• Addresses the ‘blank mind’ dilemma, offering pupils a plethora of story-writing ideas and suggestions
• Enables teachers to inspire pupils who struggle with creative writing
• Provides prompts to set ideas into motion, whilst leaving plenty of scope for original and creative thought
• Challenges pupils, encouraging them to use higher level thinking skills
• Offers mix and match stimulus pieces which can be used independently or put together to give pupils more or less support as required
Any teacher whose inventiveness is flagging, and whose pupils are running out of ideas, will find this an essential classroom resource.
About the author
Ron Shaw has many years of classroom experience and is the author of more than 40 books helping primary and secondary school students to improve their thinking skills.